Friday, June 3, 2011

Introduction: Traditions

        Traditions was our topic for the next essay, and this was the one I looked forward to the most. As a Mexican-American I celebrate many cultural traditions so it was very fun to read about and research this subject and get a greater understanding of what exactly traditions meant to different people in different areas. After doing my reading, I realized that something as simple as family movie night is a tradition that my family has taken part in for as long as I can remember. This was the topic I decided to go with and I was able to mix this with the modern technology of instant and/or downloadable movies via the internet and came up with what I think was my best paper of the course. I think it illustrated my awareness to my audience and showcased my voice. It took a few essays, but I finally wrote an entire essay without the use of the word "you." It's pretty challenging to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment