Friday, June 3, 2011

Introduction: Identity

         The very first essay I had to do for this English 101 class was on the topic of Identity. I wasn't exactly thrilled with this topic at first because I did not know what types of things I would have to read and learn about and eventually write a several page paper on. However, after receiving the list of required readings from the book, it all became much easier to understand and I began looking forward to the actual paper. While writing the paper, I definitely think I demonstrated the most critical thinking because I was striving for it to be an A+ paper; I had definitely put more thought, time and energy into it than many other things in the past and tried to look at every aspect from all angles. In the end, I think I may have thought "too" far in to it because as I look back at the paper now, several months in to the course, there are many things that had to be changed or updated that just helped the overall flow of the paper and to make it easier to understand as the reader. This paper was the beginning of several more to come in which I improved on each that followed.

No comments:

Post a Comment